Friday, June 29, 2012

Fabulous covers, continued



✍✎ It's Freewheelin' Friday! ☄✒
Dedicated to Artistic Endeavors of all Sorts

     I've waxed poetic in past blogs on my love of children's book illustration, illustrators & the influence of the Golden Age (Howard Pyle et al) Now comes a salute to Greg Call, some covers evocative of N.C.Wyeth but so fabulously his own. 

tower.com


reedreadsreviews.blogspot.com
including 
Jack Gantos' 2012   Newbery Award winner 
                                           ☛







                                                                                 
                                           

Till now my favorite has been
The Fantastic Secret of Owen Jester
(full disclosure: it's dedicated to moi)
☚











It's an October release so you'll have to wait but you can oogle & Google Barbara O'Connor's book & Greg Call's design or hit the links right here. 



                                      ♥  ♥ ☛ ☛  




5 comments:

Barbara O'Connor said...

I adore Greg Call and am so lucky to have had him do art for my books.

❀ Stacy DeKeyser said...

He did your covers, Barbara??? I should have recognized his style. He did the Brixen Witch cover too!
:)

❀ Stacy DeKeyser said...

He did your covers too, Barbara? I should have recognized his style. He did the BRIXEN WITCH cover too! :)

Barbara O'Connor said...

Really, Stacy? We are soul sisters!

❀ Stacy DeKeyser said...

Nice. :)