Friday, June 8, 2012

Ain't we got fun!


 It's Freewheelin' Friday! 
 Dedicated to Artistic Endeavors of all Sorts  

       When fellow writer, the ever-creative (click here for my blogpost ☛)Heidi Ruby Miller/ Ambasadora invited me to play CAST YOUR CHARACTERS on her blog with The Chick Palace, it got me to thinking. Had I envisioned real people when I created my gang at Lake Allamuchy? 
No. (So relax, you are not in my book.)
       
       I had no one in mind for my cast of merry pranksters. That's not to say they sprang fully formed into my imagination. Rather, they walked around in my head, stretched limbs & got on with their antics in many ways I hadn't anticipated~~one of the reasons butt-in-chair, fingers tapping on the keyboard is so important to this craft. You have to get those guys out of your head & into a story. You have to watch & listen to them before you can revise & polish.  

       Characters take on lives of their own. You'll hear that a lot from writers.  In fact, this gang took the reins and often told me who they were, not vice versa. I had no idea Cat Gallordi would have such a colorful background. Or Jake Wheeler such perception. Dean Delaney? I had only his name when I began. 

        Then came Heidi's CAST YOUR CHARACTERS. I based my choices,  including 2 perfect mother-daughter duos for the then & now, on roles these actors have already played. This cast personifies the humor, pathos & hanky panky going on that July at Lake Allamuchy.
The search  was a hoot & and a half.
Pop over to Heidi's blog (☚click) for the original 
☟☟or take a look here:☟☟


MERYL STREEP 
(college flashbacks: MAMIE GUMMER) 
as  JOHANNA LAWRENCE WHEELER

Tussling with her new role as Materfamilias

mizozo.com 

  
GOLDIE HAWN 
(college flashbacks: KATE HUDSON) 
as LILLY COVINGTON 
(THE FORMER LONNYE-RONETTE DRINKWATER)

Forced to share the Covington Lake Allamuchy bungalow with Ex-ex, 
the husband she’s divorced 2x, and his paramour


lukashim.blogspot.com


KURT RUSSELL 
as ETHAN BRADSHAW “EX-EX” COVINGTON, III

Mr. Hedge Fund

photos.exposay.com

DEBORAH MESSING 
as CATALANA “CAT” GALLORDI 
(“PUSSY GALORE”)
Madison Ave/graphic designer wunderkind 
& Brad Covington’s paramour
starpulse.com


SAMUEL LARSEN (in dreadlocks) 
as JAKE WHEELER
Currently sweeping Grand Central Terminal 
as community service for graffiti infractions

SARAH HYLAND 
as PHOEBE DELANEY
Nursing a nearly fatal case of growing pains
sitcomsonline.com

JEFF BRIDGES 
as DEAN DELANEY
 Former Lake Allamuchy bad boy, 
long suffering father & man of many talents
 
http://movies.nytimes.com/person/3197/Jeff-Bridges

 
THE CHICK PALACE 
the deserted tree house as itself



MT. LAKE, NEW JERSEY 
as LAKE ALLAMUCHY

No comments: