Friday, January 20, 2012

I wiped the morning’s sawdust off the porch furniture,


... then threw old beach towels over the rattan all the while looking through my screens and across the denuded scramble of hedge at my dearest friend’s back lawn. …



Distance and the Wheeler clotheslines being ringed by six foot pickets prohibit me from reporting accurately. … Johanna’s screen door slammed; I glimpsed motion as he went into the kitchen. Lordy. I stayed still, my heart ripping around my chest.

Lilly Drinkwater Covington, The Chick Palace


A lakeside romp fueled by friendship, family, and one old flame not averse to once again testing the waters

Thank you to my readers who shot The Chick Palace onto Nook's eBook bestseller list.

Jump on over & take a look~~

a four week exclusive launch with Barnes & Noble NOOK FIRST eBooks

No comments: