Thursday, December 22, 2011

She entered my life as Lonnye-Ronette Drinkwater...

...and sweetened my four-year foray from Boston into the land of Dixie-at-every-football-game. I may have been the Yankee from 830 miles north, but my bound-and-determined Selwyn roommate less than a two-hour drive from home had her own row to hoe at that bastion of future Junior League presidents.

By the middle of Orientation Week I realized she had an agenda beyond academics and by the time we’d boarded the chartered bus back to campus from a Davidson mixer, she was well into her master plan.

Johanna Lawrence Wheeler, The Chick Palace



The Chick Palace

A lakeside romp fueled by friendship, family,

and one old flame not averse to once again testing the waters.


Available December 26th as an exclusive from Barnes & Noble Nook First


No comments: