We will move all this shopping mania & money-hemorrhaging foolishness where it belongs.
...in mid-February when we need this coast-to-coast, manufactured cheeriness
that herds us into the gift giving, card sending, cookie baking frenzy.
- ...when rain spits. Snow flies, falls, freezes & what's been plowed blocks the driveway and the parking lot.
- Valentine's Day won't ruin Thanksgiving.
- Valentine's Day will boost the economy as more love, BFF and smoozy songs will need to be written, recorded and blasted.
- Valentine's Day will boost the economy as it ropes in my Jewish friends, my Muslim friends. People of all faiths and persuasions can wrap their houses in heart shaped twinkle lights.
- Agnostics and atheists can partake without having to pretend they believe in anything more than love, love, love.
- We can all be sincerely sincere.
- No one will be offended by "Happy holiday!"
This would leave my December to the holly and the ivy. To carols at front doors & in the sanctuary. To nativity scenes only on consecrated property. To Wise Men on Twelfth Night and wreaths off the door the next morning.
In the meantime, to Advent and candle #2.