Thursday, December 22, 2011

"There are certain shades of limelight...


...that can wreck a girl's complexion." Holly Golightly

Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's


When Johanna called Tuesday afternoon, I was fixing to pull the pepperoni off Monday night’s half eaten pizza and call it late lunch or early supper. In the background, Bob Marley alternated with Billie Holliday...part of the spoils gleaned from my second divorce of Mr. Wrong.
Short of upending a bottle of rum and revisiting my collegiate cigarette habit, I couldn’t think of a better way to wrap myself around misery than mournful music.

Lilly Covington, The Chick Palace




A lakeside romp fueled by friendship, family,

and one old flame not averse to once again testing the waters.

1 comment:

About Karen Williams said...

Such a great voice! You AND your characters. K